Thursday, May 19, 2016

Cauliflower Pizza Crust

As cliche as it is, pizza is my most favorite food ever. There is nothing as good as enjoying a thin crust pizza loaded with all the meat and veggies from our favorite pizza shop (eeek my mouth is watering thinking about it!)

But realistically, I can't eat my favorite pizza weekly. Ok, I can't even eat it bi-weekly on my training and macros schedule. Thus began my hunt for the perfect pizza fix I could make at home that wouldn't be loaded with carbs and fat (a pizza I could comfortably fit into my macros for the day).

And I stumbled on cauliflower crust, and I fell in love.

Cauliflower crust pizza? You bet. It's so easy and tastes very close to the real thing for a fraction of the macros. I promise! I even tested it on my dad- he had no idea it was cauliflower until after he ate it and he loved it.



What you need: 

-1 head cauliflower (no stalk)

-1/2 cup shredded mozzarella (or Italian blend cheese) 

-1/4 cup grated Parmesan


-1/2 teaspoon dried oregano


-1/2 teaspoon kosher salt


-1/4 teaspoon garlic powder 


-2 eggs lightly beaten



What you do: 


-Pre heat over to 400 and line a pizza pan (or pan of your choice!) with parchment paper. 

-Steam or boil your cauliflower, then toss it in a food processor to turn it into a "rice" like consistency. Lay it on top of a paper towel afterwards to help remove extra moisture. 

-Mix together all ingredients in a bowl .

-Spread on your pizza pan and form your crust, bake plain for 20 minutes. 

-Add all of your yummy toppings (I love cheese, pepperoni and as many veggies I have!) and bake for 10-15 more minutes. 

ENJOY! I eat this weekly! 


No comments:

Post a Comment