Friday, May 8, 2015

Isa this, Isa that.

I know I am not the only one who's social media feeds are bursting at the seams with post's about Isagenix. I'm not the only one who has considered taking the dive and actually using it, either.

At the start of this journey I decided that I was not going to do any of that stuff. Because there is so much out there, and everyone knows that the only thing that really lasts is hard work. Not to mention, hundreds of bucks to lose a "possible" fifteen pounds, yikes.

So I have not given in. And sometimes it just plain stinks, friends. To see posts from friends about how they lost 14 pounds in a week sitting on their behind when it takes me two months to lose that weight working six days a week. Not. Fun. And then I remind myself that I am not in this for a quick loss.

I recently hit a big wall in my loss. I stayed the same weight for three long weeks, the longest I have gone since the start without seeing any progress scale wise. It's going to happen. It is. But that doesn't mean it's not discouraging. It is! So I'm sitting here at this weight and running and lifting and I hear "isa this, isa that" all over.

I dug for information, and Isagenix is not a horrible product, it's not. It's actually good protein (although it does have synthetics if that is a concern for you).  But again, those crazy numbers ($300!) just to get past this wall. It's two shakes a day, with two snacks and a sensible meal. Easy enough, I chose to see if I could make my own shakes for two of my meals a day (using whole 30 approved ingredients and a really good plant based protein) to see if I could kick this wall down.



I'm only on Day 3 of doing this, and I got past the wall having lost 2 pounds the first two days. Using healthy whole foods and protein that was already in my house, costing me nothing extra. Now, I know my Isa friends would be all over this "well it's not as high quality", "it doesn't have this special ingredient" blah blah.  It's not Isagenix. But you don't need Isa to see similar results without starving yourself.

This is what I use:

Garden of Life's Raw Fit  I typically put 1.5 scoops in to boost the calories.
1/2 Cup almond milk or coconut milk, your personal preference.
Veggies, whatever I have on hand. Lately it has been spinach, carrots and broccoli.
Fruits, whatever I have on hand. Lately it has been strawberries and blueberries. An occasional banana if I'm up for the sugar and carbs.
Chia seeds.
Occasionally I will add a teaspoon of almond butter in it.
Blend. 



The calorie content is going to vary on what you put in it, my breakfast shake this morning turned out being 396 calories. My lunch was 385, so there are plenty of calories, carbs, fats and a lot of protein to make this a good meal replacement option. If you are on the verge of ordering a meal replacement plan, I challenge you to try the same thing first and see what your results are. Here is an example of a what a day of eating for me looks like:

Breakfast: Homemade shake with a high quality protein
Snack: Hummus and celery
Lunch: Homemade shake with a high quality protein
Snack: Green apple (less sugar) with almond butter
Dinner: Anything healthy! Chicken, sweet potatoes, veggies, wild caught fish, turkey tacos, tons of healthy and whole options out there!

Because I am only on Day 3 of doing this myself,  I will post my end results once I finish. I plan to do this throughout the weekday and eat real whole foods on the weekend to change it up for my body. This is something Isagenix does not do, so if you want to go all out continue eating like this for a month.



No comments:

Post a Comment