Friday, April 17, 2015

Everyone has one friend who they invite over on rainy days for coffee. The friend that doesn't care if you are wearing workout clothes (that I maybe slept in the night before too) or my sticky floors and that the lid to the jelly had jelly on it (is that just my pet peeve?). They come bearing gifts, like lettuce and chocolate mint plants for your new gardening adventure. If you don't have this friend- find her. She is a keeper, I tell you. So we sit and talk about everything under the moon while our combined twelve children (bless it) keep themselves busy, and when they leave you feel refreshed and crazy thankful for that friend.  That was my day today, so it was a good one despite the weather.

This week has been a little crazy, good, but crazy. For one it has flown by, is it really Friday? I have a few kids who have been totally out of sorts this week and our days have ended with being really stressed and tired. One thing I really kick myself for not putting in place when my big kids were little: first time obedience. It's golden, people, when your kids listen the first time you say something and there is no whine or argument. Start training in this yesterday, you will not hate me for it.

So it's Friday and it is gloomy and icky again- and two of my crew need baths. We are waiting and praying for a super important phone call for my husband to come today, I need to get groceries, I have a race in the morning. Seriously I don't even know what time it begins, all I know is we meet at 7am and I can't remember the last time I was awake and functioning at 7am much less awake and ready to run 3.1 miles at 7am. I love how I get myself into these things- bless my heart. Did I mention school? Unfortunately my kids have to learn something today too. Bring it on day. God is too good to me, happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment